Who Is Eligible?
For vendor payments, the person who:
- Is certified for nursing facility care or state mental hospital care;
- Has been screened before entry into a MO HealthNet-certified nursing facility;
- Is 65 years or older for state mental hospital care;
- Has not given away, sold, or transferred real or personal property within the period prescribed by law without receiving fair and valuable consideration, and
- Meets the other eligibility requirements outlined under “MO HealthNet for the Aged, Blind and Disabled”
- A special provision applies to married couples when one spouse enters a nursing facility and the other spouse does not live in a nursing facility.
This provision allows for protection of a portion of the couple”s assets for the spouse remaining at home (see “Prevention of Spousal Impoverishment”).
For information regarding medical coverage included with nursing care, see Medical Services-MO HealthNet.
Some nursing care partcipants may also be eligible for Qualified Medicare Beneficiary or Specified Low-Income Medicare Beneficiary benefits.